Thursday 16 October 2014

Schwarzkopf Live Colour Ultra Brights Electric Blue Review

So, I have been thinking about dip dying my hair blue for a while now and a couple of weeks ago I just said heck, I'm going to do it! Although my hair was already bleached from my ombre, I decided to bleach it a little more to make sure that the colour came out nice and bright. My natural hair colour is dark brown and I have long straight hair.

The first time I ombre'd my hair I used a Schwarzkopf ombre kit and then got it redone by a hairdresser a few months later, so it's fair to say I have very little experience dying/bleaching hair but I went for it anyways.


The products I used to bleach my hair were purchased from Priceline here in Ausralia (and were on sale!). I bought the Innovative 30 vol. creme developer and Hi Lift Blue Blonde Highlighter Powder Bleach. To make enough bleach for my ends I used a 1:1 ratio of powder:creme developer and it covered the bleached area you can see below. As I was going for a light bleach because my hair was already bleached, I feel that the strength was perfect and I only left it in for around 25 minutes.


As soon as I washed the bleach out I could feel how dry and straw-like my hair had become so it is definitely time for me to step up my hair care routine!

After blow drying my hair I immediately applied the Schwarzkopf Live Colours Electric Blue dye (and then I read in the instructions that it should be put on damp hair -.- oh well, there's always next time). I totally forgot to time this but I think I left it in for around 30 minutes,, washed it and then let it air dry.

It turned out a very dark blue colour but after a few washes it faded to a more bright blue, and fast forward to now (2.5 weeks later) my ends are still fairly blue, the upper half of the blue has washed out and the blonde is visible (which I kinda like) but it is starting to turn a slightly blue-green colour. I've also noticed that the blue was a bit patchy (due to my severe lack of experience) but I've learnt from it, and I think I'd like it to be a bit darker too. Overall I think that this is a great sei-permanent dye, great for someone who doesn't want to fully commit to a bright colour yet and it's stay power is a lot better than what I was expecting- I've already bought 2 more blue packs and 2 purples to try sometime!

So I think it may be time for me to re-dye the blue and hopefully I'll apply a few of the things I learnt to my first time to make it even better this time! And maybe I'll write about how I dyed my hair in more depth and hopefully it'll turn out even better than before!

That's all for now,

Sayonara! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment