Saturday 20 September 2014

Cheat Days - All Day, Err Day

This is for all of you out there who just can't accept that cheat day only comes around once a week. I confess, I am one of those people and I can't resist new and limited edition items - they could be a hit or miss but in my experience I've come across some amazing snacks.

Here in Australia, at the moment there is a Golden Ticket competition going on- much the same as in the book and movies - however in this one you don't get to meet Johnny Depp :( And sadly, I did not win a trip to the chocolate factory. But I did get to enjoy a very delicious chocolate bar.

Wonka Cookie Creamery is a "Creamy WONKA milk chocolate, cookie pieces in vanilla flavoured cream & a dash of secret sauce". Just the addition of a 'secret sauce' makes it something I need in my life. Although I don't really like Wonka chocolate this was really yummy and super cute with the little pieces. I give this snack 6.5/10.


This next snack is none other than good old Oreo's, but with a slight twist - Peanut butter and choc cream!! Who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate?! A match made in heaven, combined with the dangerously addictive essence that seems to accompany Oreo's gives you a biscuit you're sure to gobble up in 10 seconds flat. 


 

Fun fact: Did you know that Oreo's are as addictive as cocaine? This is apparently true! Woah... explains a lot...



Yeah they make them in smaller packs now... probably a good idea as I don't stop until I've finished the pack.

Twist... Lick... and it's gone, sorry no time to dunk when I'm shoving it in my face. I give this snack 9.5/10. Utterly decadent. I hope these are around for a while.


This final snack is a chocolate bar that Australians should be familiar with - Cherry Ripe. When I was younger I always used to avoid these in the favourites boxes but as I got older I started to enjoy them more. I've seen this at the shops for a while but never really took an interest but on a whim yesterday I bought it. I'm not a massiv fan of dark chocolate but my my this was soooo good!


This is a 90th anniversary Limited Edition Dark Ganache Cherry Ripe. The description is amazing like all those on chocolate bars here "Ripe juicy cherries & coconut with an extra layer of smooth dark chocolate ganache in Old Gold rich dark chocolate". Oh my gosh I'm drooling now. Who doesn't like the sound of that?


This is one of those cases where the limited edition product may be better than the original... gosh Cadbury, it took you long enough, 90 years! ;) The dark chocolate ganache in the middle was oozy and to die for and made eating this chocolate a truly decadent experience so I would reommend you snatch one of these up before they're gone! I give this snack 9/10.

Apologies if today is not your cheat day but seriously just do it because you're only alive for a certain amount of time so why not eat nice things? - life motto.

That's all for now

Sayonara! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment