Tuesday 19 August 2014

Japanese Makeup Haul!

Since becoming interested in makeup in the past year or so, I've been dying to try some Japanese makeup because of all the amazing reviews I've heard. So on my recent trip I made sure I'd done some research on the best brands and products to narrow my purchases down to the best of the best, seeing as there's an overwhelming amount of beauty products in Japan!



*sneaky photos* Look at how cute and vast all the displays are! I was truly in heaven!
Now without any further ado, here is what I bought!


From left to right, top to bottom:
eye mascara protector - Daiso
Fasio Smart Curl Mascara C in 'BK001' by Kose
1 Day Tattoo Waterproof Liquid eyeliner in 'Super Black' by K-Palette
Pore Putty BB Cream SPF 50+ by Sana Keana Pate Shokunin
KATE unlock one shade eyes eyeshadow in 'RD-1' by Kanebo
Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara
Clear eyelash glue - Daiso
Canmake Cream Cheek in '05'
False Eyelashes Natural Style in 'No. 2 Brown Mix' - Daiso
Maybelline New York Hyper Cosmos Trio in GD-1 'Lunar Gold'
Aqua Lip Gloss in 'Cherry Blossom Pink' - Daiso
Cezanne Mix Colour Cheek in '02' (pearl and matte)
Chifure Lipstick in '153'
*Not pictured* OMI Nourishing Anti UV Non Scented Medicated lip balm in 'Sakura Pink'

Woah... didn't realise how much I actually bought! Beauty shopping in Japan is definitely fun, but a lot of the time I was distracted by the super cute packaging of everything... KAWAII! And while I managed to resist buying things just for the packaging, it took a lot of will power! For the most part 'drugstore' beauty products are fairly cheap compared to Australia, however the Maybelline eyeshadow trio I got is similar to the pricing expected in Australia (this Maybelline product is not currently available in Australia, hence why I bought from a 'western' brand in Japan). Just an example of the price differences: the average price for mascara in Japan is around 1200 yen ($12 AUD) compared to an average of $20 in Australia. As expected, it's cheaper to buy Japanese cosmetics in Japan to avoid import mark ups, whether they be drugstore brands or higher end brands such as RMK, Shu Uemura and Shiseido. But don't be fooled, as with anywhere else Japan still has it's fair share of expensive cosmetics brands such as RMK, Shiseido and Shu Uemura.

While I have only tried a few of these products and have loved them so far, I want to give them all a good try and then maybe post a review of some products in the future!

That's all for now,

Sayonara! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment